Cohuna District Hospital
Was established as a public hospital in 1952. The hospital was originally operated as a private hospital and was purchases from the owner, Dr. Stewart, in that year. Between the 1950's and 1990's there have been many changes to health services and buildings. In 1996/97 a major redevelopment to the acute wards, theatre, urgent care centre, administration and kitchen.
The hospital has 16 beds providing acute medical and surgical and obstetric for residents of Cohuna and surrounding catchment area. It continues to provide community and home based services such as district nursing, day care and meals on wheels in conjunction with the Shire of Gannawarra.
In 1983, a community appeal raised funds for a nursing home. A 14 bed nursing home wing was build adjacent to the hospital and opened in 1985. A further 2 beds were added during 1994.
The Cohuna township is situated on the Murray Valley Highway, 68 km from Echuca (to the East) and 33 km from Kerang (to the West). Bendigo is the nearest "regional centre" located 120 km to the south.